Torn by last year’s tragedy, Ultras Ahlawy held several marches throughout the week reminding people of the Port Said massacre victims. More than 70 fans were killed last February following a match between the Ahly club and the Port Said-based Masry Club.
Wednesday was marked by Ultras as the “first of the days of rage,” after Prosecutor General Tala’at Abdallah said new evidence in the case is revealed. A verdict in the trial was due to be delivered next Saturday. But the prosecutor’s statements sparked fears that the verdict might be postponed, according to the Daily News Egypt.
The news prompted Ultras Ahlawy to release a statement on Tuesday saying “that the group has had enough with the ‘stalling and delays’,” reported the Daily News.
The Ultras blocked a number of major routes throughout Wednesday, including the 6th of October bridge which cuts across Cairo, disrupting traffic, reported the website.
Other Ultras blocked the metro line at Sa’ad Zaghloul’s station in both directions, after they walked all the way on its tracks until they reached Sadat station near the famous Tahrir Square, the Daily News reported.
Meanwhile, the protest held in front of the stock exchange did not disrupt trading, head of the exchange told Ahram Online.
Source: Alarabiya
Extremism Has Produced No Results in the Province and Country and Never Will; Only Moderation,…
Summoning Three Sunni Baloch Scholars to the Intelligence Office in Raask
Strong Condemnation by Scholars, Tribes, and Social and Cultural Activists of Incendiary Remarks by a…
Authorities Should Manage the “Crisis of Poverty and Hunger” Alongside the “Management of the War”,…
In the Friday prayer sermon on July 31, 2026, Shaikh-ul-Islam Mawlana Abdolhamid expressed deep concern…
"Expansion of Justice," "Dynamic Economy," and "Public Satisfaction" Are the Ways for Governments to Survive