Austria will shut seven mosques and expel 40 imams, Chancellor Sebastian Kurz announced on Friday.
During a news conference with Vice Chancellor Heinz-Christian Strache and EU Affairs Minister Gernot Blumel, Kurz said the move came as part of a crackdown on “political Islam”.
Kurz said that the investigation on several mosques and associations conducted by the Ministry of Culture and Interior had been concluded and that the activities of seven mosques were found to be forbidden — one of them belonging to the Turkish-Islamic Cultural Associations (ATIB).
The Austrian chancellor added that the imams would be deported on grounds of being foreign funded.
Extremism Has Produced No Results in the Province and Country and Never Will; Only Moderation,…
Summoning Three Sunni Baloch Scholars to the Intelligence Office in Raask
Strong Condemnation by Scholars, Tribes, and Social and Cultural Activists of Incendiary Remarks by a…
Authorities Should Manage the “Crisis of Poverty and Hunger” Alongside the “Management of the War”,…
In the Friday prayer sermon on July 31, 2026, Shaikh-ul-Islam Mawlana Abdolhamid expressed deep concern…
"Expansion of Justice," "Dynamic Economy," and "Public Satisfaction" Are the Ways for Governments to Survive