Ceasefire Offer
Hamas offer for a ceasefire followed an earlier hint given by Israel Defense Minister Ehud Barak.
“If they cease firing, we’ll cease firing,” he told AFP.
“We cannot tolerate firing” against Israel, Barak added.
Barak said that his offer followed reports that Hamas movement’s political wing was ready for a truce.
Similar information was confirmed by a senior Israeli security official who spoke on condition of anonymity.
“The political branch of Hamas has sent a message asking for an Israeli ceasefire” in exchange for a halt to Palestinian attacks, the official told AFP.
The Israeli Defense Minister had earlier postponed a scheduled trip to Washington following the latest escalation of tensions between Israel and Gaza strip.
Barak confirmed that all options were available on the ground, including a massive war on the besieged strip.
Yet, he added that such an action would not be necessary.
“We will act along the lines of what happens on the ground,” Barak said.
“If it will be necessary, we will act, but when it’s not necessary, we don’t need to,” he said.
“Restraint is also a form of strength.”
Israel launched a three-week deadly onslaught on Gaza in December 2008, killing at least 1,400 people, mostly civilians, and wounded thousands.
The offensive wrecked havoc on the Gaza infrastructure, destroying thousands of building across the impoverished territory.
Source: OnIslam
Extremism Has Produced No Results in the Province and Country and Never Will; Only Moderation,…
Summoning Three Sunni Baloch Scholars to the Intelligence Office in Raask
Strong Condemnation by Scholars, Tribes, and Social and Cultural Activists of Incendiary Remarks by a…
Authorities Should Manage the “Crisis of Poverty and Hunger” Alongside the “Management of the War”,…
In the Friday prayer sermon on July 31, 2026, Shaikh-ul-Islam Mawlana Abdolhamid expressed deep concern…
"Expansion of Justice," "Dynamic Economy," and "Public Satisfaction" Are the Ways for Governments to Survive